Jul 17, 2010

Bellevue Demonstration Garden




Last Saturday i did a lecture on ferns at the Bellevue Demonstration Garden.  What a cool place!  I was cautious as it was a newly created lecture and quite a distance to drive, especially for a day off.  It was one of the best demonstration gardens I have ever been to! Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, even their garden dog, a shibu-enu (They look like a small fox).  I am not sure why i didn't take his photo.  I met the strawberry lady, who's sole duty is to take care of the strawberry patch in the demonstration garden.  They even had a very nice fern garden!  

Back to the presentation...Using a projector and laptop is always a challenge.  Power point presentations are a blessing and a curse.  You can see what i am leading up to, right, ...a disaster!  My Mac was not acknowledged by the projector (should have tried at home), but I was busy at the apple store last night getting help from a mac-genius, who by the way was pretty cute and now i think that only mac computer geeks can actually be cute.  Well cutie-pie-mac-guy ended up getting me for 140 dollars for my charging issues.  So, 140 dollars later i thought i was all set to go.  Ao, after all that, i had to do my presentation on my little 14" screen.  What a patient group.  Be sure that i am going to figure out the compatibility issue. I get so frustrated at Mac Haters!  It is really not fair!  I use both PC at work and mac at home.  So, i go both ways!  Can't they, too!

2 comments:

One Love Photo said...

We've had crazy projector cord connection issues in the past and we own several versions of plugs so we are always ready :) Once you get the right plug, just keep it in a safe place and never forget it or you may have to buy two (not that that has ever happened to us or anything)

ALP said...

Oh dear oh dear - I hate it when machines don't do what they are supposed to. PLUS - ouch, that $140 bucks...I felt that pain for sure.

Great photos of the demo garden; I should look up the strawberry lady to see if she can figure out why my strawberry yields are so low.