Jun 21, 2008

WeeK of the DoG



Coming home on thursday, I turned the corner to the alley and there was blue sitting in the neighbors yard.  that little stinker snuck out of the yard.  Before I could even get out of the car, he quickly got back in the yard, acting like nothing even happened.  So the next morning I had a little talk with him, barricaded the back gate, where he got loose.  All was well until I got a very important sounding radio call at two on Friday.  Someone on line one.  "Katie this is officer Mcdermot, of the Tacoma police department animal control division,  Blue got loose and is running around the neighborhood barking at people.  I got him back in the yard and then he snuck out five minutes later.  can you send someone to get him in the house!"  me..."Oh, yes, I will be home in 15."  That little rascal was out in the front yard barking at people, who, I am thinking might have been potential abductors.  He was having none of it and was sitting on the front sidewalk barking at them.  I wonder what neighbor called on us.  I am just glad that he did not end up in puppy jail, which i visited twice last week, contemplating adopting a stray dog that was abandoned at Fred Meyer, whom I adopted for one night before I took her to the humane society.  I got as far as putting a deposit down and having a visit in the "visitation room" with her, little mocha chip; but I was having major second thoughts and decided not to go ahead with it.  Three dogs was sounding a little "crazy dog ladyish".  So, the morale of the story is follow your gut; I think that one little, rascally dog, and one old dog is good enough.  I hope that little Mocha chip finds a new home, it just wont be with us.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm so excited to have another blog to stay up on. (When I have five minutes of peace and quiet). Welcome! Can I put you on the "public" list?

kate said...

Totally put me on your public list. that way i will have an reason to post things!