Jun 10, 2010

my three b's

Magnolia sieboldii
alliums
Cornus kousa 'chinensis'
Cornus kousa 'Satomi'
Aquilegia 'Lime Frost'
my boys-the three B's-Brian-Blue-Bo!

we had to say goodbye to our Bo-Dog last week.  he almost made it to 15!  his poor little legs just couldn't make it any longer.  we enjoyed a nice little burial for him out at my brother in law's house, under a special maple tree.  all the other dogs got to say good-bye.  he was a pretty special guy.  

the wonderful thing about gardens is that they always offer some sort of therapy for life events like this.  it is a place to reflect; a place to watch rebirth; a place of refuge; a place to wonder; and a place to play .  maybe Bo will come back as a flower.  we will miss him very much.  
 
i enjoyed a nice walk around Lakewold and my own garden this afternoon.  both have some great show-offs.  the perennials are starting to peak: geraniums, alliums, and iris.  but this year the dogwoods are spectacular!  especially the 'Satomi'.  it is just loaded with blooms and with the heavy rain, they are practically touching the ground.  enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a bummer. Why can't good dogs live to at least 30? Sorry, Kate. Goodbye, Bo. That is such a great photo of the three boys!

ALP said...

I love the dogwood photo with the green petals - the closer one, slightly blurred, looks like its waving at you! My photos came out pretty good from yesterday (THUR 6-24) despite the sun glare!

April

ALP said...

Whew - for a minute there I though I had the wrong plant. Confirmed via google...yes, I am talking about the right plant!